53rd Annual Summer Show
July 14 – August 18, 2018
Opening reception July 14, 6 pm-9 pm |
A juried exhibition of artwork from artists throughout the United States
with Juror Katie Pfohl, Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art at the New Orleans Museum of Art.
Gallery hours Tuesday – Friday 10 am – 4 pm, Saturdays 11 am to 4 pm. Admission is free.
The St. Tammany Art Association (STAA) will present its 53rd National Juried Artists Exhibition, an annual competition of contemporary art, from July 14 to August 18, 2018. A minimum of $3,000 in a cash prizes including a $1,000 prize for Best of Show will be awarded. Other cash and merit awards will be presented at the discretion of the juror.
Open to artists ages 18 and up across the United States, the St. Tammany Art Association’s summer show is one of the most diverse in the Southeast. Accepted artwork is original visual art completed within the past two years and not previously exhibited at STAA. There are no size restrictions; however, space limitations do not allow STAA to accommodate film, video or large installations. Reproductions of original artwork are also not admitted.
Up to three artworks may be submitted per artist. The fee to enter is $35.00 for one, two or three artworks. Because CallForEntry.org separates artists’ images as they are submitted, only one image may be submitted for each piece entered. To show multiple views of a single 3-D piece, please join photos into a single image before submission using such tools as are available at www.photojoiner.net.
- Online entry and payment will be accepted until 11:59 PM in Mountain Time Zone (Denver, CO, USA) on Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
- Results of the selection process will be announced on or before May 29, 2018.
- The exhibition will be held July 14 – August 18, 2018 in the Miriam Barranger Gallery of the St. Tammany Art Association in historic downtown Covington. Regular gallery hours are Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- An artists’ reception will be held on Saturday, July 14, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Awards will be presented at 7 p.m.
- An Art Talk and juror walk-through may be held during the event, date to be announced. A People’s Choice cash award also may be presented to the artist whose work receives the most votes by visitors to the gallery.
- A closing event will be held Saturday, August 18, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. during Covington White Linen for Public Art.
- All events are free and open to the public.
ABOUT THE JUROR: Katie Pfohl, Ph.D.
Katie Pfohl is the Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art at the New Orleans Museum of Art. Pfohl previously served as a curator at the Louisiana State University Museum of Art, and possesses a wide range of academic and curatorial experience, having worked in three of the premier art museums in the country—the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. In 2006, she completed the Whitney Independent Study Program in New York, a widely respected contemporary art residency program that invites curators, artists and scholars from around the world to participate in a year-long seminar on pressing issues in contemporary art and culture. Modern and contemporary art was also a major focus of Pfohl’s Ph.D. at Harvard University, which she completed in 2015.
Supported by a grant from the Louisiana Division of the Arts, Office of Cultural Development, Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism, in cooperation with the Louisiana State Arts Council, and as administered by the St. Tammany Commission on Cultural Affairs, St. Tammany Parish Government. Funding has also been provided by the National Endowment for the Arts, Art Works.
Get the prospectus here.